Before I get down to business with a New Year resolution post, here’s a survey about the year 2015. Can’t recall if I’ve filled this one out before, but here’s this year’s.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
I submitted artwork to a magazine and had it published – TWICE. Bigger than that though, was attending the launch parties and attempting to get over some social fear (still have a lonnnnnng way to go before I conquer that).
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Kept some, didn’t keep others. I’ll speak more on that in my next post where I will also talk about my new resolutions for 2016.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not really. I have never had a close friend give birth. It’s always been casual friends/acquaintances, long-lost high school/elementary school friends, or friends of friends. The closest would be my best friend’s sister, who I am friends with, but not necessarily close with. Our daughters are super tight though. Her baby is ULTRA cute, btw.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed right here in Canada. Didn’t even leave Saskatchewan.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Less weight on my body. More confidence socially.
7. What moments from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Seeing Star Wars opening night, Punch magazine/s, Ginny’s excitement for Christmas, my parents surprising me on Christmas.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not losing any weight at all – though I did not gain.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably clothes. I’m way better at clothesing now.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Bryan and Ginny. Bryan always goes above and beyond as a husband, and Ginny is making strides toward potty training and developing into a real human.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mostly folks in the news, sadly a few people I know.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. WE’RE 98% (rough estimate) OF THE WAY DONE PAYING OFF OUR DEBT.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
The Schuyler Sisters from Hamilton.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier. 2015 was GOOD.
b) Same. Didn’t lose weight, but didn’t gain any.
c) Richer. Because we’re just about out of debt, but also because we are just so happy.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Nothing. Meaning, I need to stop doing so much of nothing all the time.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Well…I thought I was just going to spend it with Bryan and Ginny but things escalated quickly when my mom and dad showed up unexpectedly! More about that in the next post as well.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Of course. I re-fall in love with Bryan on a regular basis.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Great British Bake-Off, Game of Thrones, Parks and Recreation.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, I don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Royal We.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hamilton the Musical. LISTEN TO IT! IT’S SO GOOOOOOD!
26. What did you want and get?
I wanted just a couple things for Christmas, and Bryan got all of them for me. Illustrated HP, headphones, a few movies.
27. What did you want and not get?
I wanted Ginny to be potty trained. We’re making progress though.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Crimson Peak. Obsessed. Just ordered two books about it which should arrive this week or the next. Such a gorgeous movie.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went to see Jurassic World! And it was super ultra rad. Loved it. I turned 26. Mid to late twenties, baby! Can’t wait to hit 30.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a cell phone. I seriously need one of those.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Grown Up Becca. I’m attempting to mature my wardrobe. It’s tough beans, but I’m doin’ it. Adding more classic pieces, and being a titch more adventurous where and when I can be.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
John Boyega. Chris Pratt. Colin Firth.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
My mommy and daddy.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
No clue. I don’t meet new people.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
KEEP YOUR HOUSE CLEAN – YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR MOM MIGHT SHOW UP UNEXPECTEDLY FOR A VISIT!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Oh it’s such a perfect day, I’m glad I spent it with you.” (Lou Reed)